Effective Date/Last Updated: February 11, 2023
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE.
We may modify these Terms at any time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site. Material changes will be conspicuously posted on the Site or otherwise communicated to you. By using the Site after changes are posted, you agree to those changes.
- Content. The Site, including its text, audio, video, graphics, charts, photographs, interfaces, icons, software, computer code, data, trademarks, logos, slogans, documentation, other components and content, and the design, selection, and arrangement of content, and all intellectual property rights in the foregoing (collectively, the “Content”) are exclusively the property of the Malone or, as applicable, its vendors or licensors. Except for the rights expressly granted to you in the next section, the Malone reserves all other rights in and to the Site and Content, including all intellectual property rights.
- Account Suspension, Deactivation, and Termination. The Malone reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your account or your use of the Site for any reason without notice or liability, including upon any unauthorized use of your username or password, if you breach these Terms, if you act in an abusive manner, if you act in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws or regulations, or if it becomes no longer commercially viable to provide the Site to you. If we suspend or terminate your account, you will not create another account without the Malone’s prior written permission.
- Grant Applications. The Malone provides and accepts grant applications through a grants portal (“Grants Portal”). You will need to create an account in order to submit a grant application through the Grants Portal. To begin the grant application process, depending on whether or not you are currently a grantee of the Malone, you must be invited to submit a proposal. Then, you will be provided with a link to the applicable full grant application. Grants are awarded by the Malone at its sole discretion and award criteria are subject to change at the Malone’s sole discretion. The Malone makes no guarantees of any kind with respect to any grants or other awards that may or may not be provided. Grant application materials will not be returned to you.
- Availability. Any programs, materials, products, or services (for example, grant opportunities) that may be mentioned on or made available through the Site are subject to availability and terms not described in these Terms may apply. The Malone may change the programs, materials, products, and services mentioned on the Site at any time without notice.
- Use of Marks. The Malone owns certain trademarks, names, logos, insignia, or service marks (“Marks”). You do not have the right to use any Marks except as expressly agreed to in writing by the Malone. In addition, the Site may contain third-party marks and third-party copyrighted materials, which are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in these Terms grants to you any rights in or to those third-party marks or materials without such third-party’s consent.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The Site and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Any unauthorized use of any trademarks, trade dress, copyrighted materials, or any other intellectual property belonging to the Malone or any third party is strictly prohibited and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Compliance with Laws. In connection with your access to and use of the Site, you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules of all relevant jurisdictions, including all applicable rules regarding online conduct.
- Children’s Information. The Site is not directed at children under the age of thirteen (13) years old. If you are under thirteen (13) years old, you must immediately stop using the Site.
- Restrictions on Your Use of the Site.
- You will not copy, duplicate, sell, publish, post, license, rent, distribute, modify, translate, adapt, reverse-engineer, or create derivative works of the Site or Content without the Malone’s prior written consent.
- You will not use the Site for unlawful purposes.
- You will not submit inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date information via the Site, commit fraud or falsify information in connection with your use of the Site.
- You will not engage in data mining or similar data gathering or extraction activities from the Site. You will not use the Site to harvest email addresses, names or other information of the users of the Site or to spam other users of the Site.
- You will not access, use, or copy any portion of the Site or Content, through the use of indexing agents, spiders, scrapers, bots, web crawlers, or other automated devices or mechanisms.
- You will not use the Site to post, transmit, input, upload, or otherwise provide any information or material that contains any viruses or other harmful computer code that may disable, damage, impair, or otherwise interfere with the Site, the servers used to make the Site available, or any other network, computers, hardware, software or systems.
- You will not engage in activities that aim to render the Site or associated services inoperable or to make their use more difficult.
- You may not frame, mirror or circumvent the navigational structure of any part of the Site.
- You may not upload, distribute, transmit, or post anything to or through the Site that: (i) is fraudulent, libelous, obscene, pornographic, indecent, violent, offensive, hate speech, harassing, threatening, defamatory, harms another person, or the like; (ii) invades the privacy of another or includes the confidential or proprietary information of another; or (iii) is protected by intellectual property rights without the express prior written consent of the owner of such intellectual property rights.
- You may not engage in any conduct while using the Site that the Malone considers inappropriate, unauthorized, or contrary to the intended purpose of the Site.
- Feedback and Other Content Submitted By You. If you submit comments or feedback to us regarding the Site or its Content, or any other comments, questions, requests, content or information that is not personal information (“Feedback“), we may use any comments and feedback that you send us in our discretion and without attribution or compensation to you.
- NO WARRANTY. THE SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MALONE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND CONTENT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM STATUTE, SUCH AS COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE IN TRADE.
THE MALONE MAKES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE AND RELIABLE, BUT NEITHER ACCURACY NOR RELIABILITY ARE GUARANTEED. THE MALONE DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE OR CONTENT. THE MALONE DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONDITIONS OR COMPONENTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT WARRANT OR ENDORSE ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE MALONE OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, ATTORNEYS OR LICENSORS (TOGETHER, “THE MALONE PARTY(IES)”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR CONTENT, OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE OR CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF A MALONE PARTY HAS EXPRESS KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE LOSS OR DAMAGE.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE OR CONTENT.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE MALONE PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR CONTENT, OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE OR CONTENT EXCEED $100 U.S.D., EVEN IF ANY REMEDY PROVIDED FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- INDEMNIFICATION. YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE MALONE PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL LOSSES, CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, COMPLAINTS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, JUDGMENTS, SETTLEMENTS, FINES, PENALTIES, EXPENSES, AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A) YOUR VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS, (B) YOUR MISUSE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, AND (C) YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS OR ANY OTHER TERMS ON THE SITE. WE RESERVE, AND YOU GRANT TO US, THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO ASSUME THE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER SUBJECT TO INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU (SUBJECT TO YOUR CONTINUING INDEMNIFICATION).
The Site may also contain certain third-party Content. We provide third-party content for your convenience, not as an endorsement. The presence of third-party Content does not mean that the Malone has reviewed the third-party Content or that there is any association between the Malone and any third party. You access third-party Content at your sole risk. The Malone has no responsibility for any third-party Content. Nothing in these Terms grants you any rights to any third-party Content.
- Linking to the Site. You are prohibited from linking to the Site on your website or elsewhere without the prior express written consent of the Malone. If the Malone grants you a right to link to the Site, certain terms may apply and the Malone reserves the right to revoke such consent at any time. You are responsible for any costs incurred by the Malone in enforcing its rights under this section.
- Use in the United States. The Site is intended for use in the United States only. We do not guarantee that use of the Site will be available or permitted in any location other than the United States. If you choose to access the Site from a location other than the United States, you do so at your own risk.
THE EXISTENCE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS THE MALONE OR THE MALONE PARTIES OFFERING SUCH SITE OR CONTENT TO PERSONS IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE THE PROVISION OF SUCH SITE OR CONTENT IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Termination. If you violate applicable laws or these Terms, you are immediately prohibited from further use of the Site or Content, and we may restrict your access to the Site or Content. The Malone may suspend or terminate the Site or any Content, in whole or in part, at any time in its sole discretion for any reason. The Malone shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages arising from or related to the Malone’s suspension or termination of your access to the Site or the Content, or in the event the Malone modifies, discontinues or restricts the availability of the Site or the Content (in whole or in part).
- Site Unavailability. Without limiting the generality of the previous section, the Site or Content may be unavailable or limited for various reasons, and we shall not be liable to you for any such unavailability, including without limitation (a) hardware, software, server, network, or telecommunications failures, (b) severe weather, war, riot, act of God, fire, earthquake, strike, labor shortage, etc., (c) regulatory restrictions and other acts of government, (d) interruptions due to utility and power companies, and (e) interruptions due to hacking or other malicious intrusion.
- Cooperation with Law Enforcement. The Malone will cooperate with law enforcement if you are suspected of having violated applicable laws.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD THE MALONE AND THE MALONE PARTIES HARMLESS FOR ANY COOPERATION WITH, OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO, LAW ENFORCEMENT RELATING TO YOUR SUSPECTED VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS.
- Disputes. These Terms, and your access to and use of the Site, are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regards to its conflict of laws principles. Venue is exclusively in the state or federal courts, as applicable, located in Chicago, Illinois. The parties expressly agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Any cause of action or other claim brought by you with respect to the Site or Content must be commenced within one year after the cause of action or claim arises.
- Assignment. We may assign our rights and delegate our duties under these Terms at any time to any party without notice to you. You may not assign your rights or delegate your duties under these Terms without our prior written consent. These Terms inure to the benefit of the Malone’s successors and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and any terms posted throughout the Site (if any) are the entire agreement between you and the Malone with respect to your access to and use of the Site.
- Waiver. The Malone’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms will be effective only if in writing and signed by the Malone.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, void, or unenforceable, that provision will be severed from the remaining provisions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. The headings in these Terms are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
- Contact Us. Please direct any questions and concerns regarding these Terms to us at: